Page 2 of 9
12. good morning.
one more week.
This is what I want Seven Springs to look like.
This is what Seven Springs actually looks like at the moment.
Friday was going to be the day that I skied for the first time since 2011. But between last weekend’s rain and this week’s ice — and the astronomical amount of money it costs to ski a Friday, which is now deemed a weekend day by the resort — I’m not feeling like my triumphant return should be spent slogging through groomed ice balls and muddy snow.
But given this:
… I think it’s safe to say that you’ll find me at Seven Springs next Friday.
We all know the Yinzteam Polar Bear Plunge is tomorrow morning. For those of you who are joining us — swimming or support — here are the details:
* The Crappys — including my parents — will in the Mon Wharf lot by 8:30. As we’ve done the past two years, we’re going to park on the side closer to the Point, so head down that way when you arrive and look for the red Element.
* Haven’t been to the Wharf before? Best way is to approach from Wood Street at Fort Pitt Boulevard and look for the yellow sign, as seen in the pic below:
* Make an effort to get there early. We lost some swimmers last year when they got stuck in traffic.
* Swimming usually starts after 9. We’ll go around 9:15 or something.
* The weather’s going to suck. Expect rain and temps around 40 when it’s time to swim.
* Bring: Towels, warm clothes, cameras, shoes you can wear in the water and others to change into after.
* Tip: It might sound counter-intuitive, but I’ve found it’s easier to make the plunge in just a bathing suit. You’ll have much less cold, wet clothing to remove once you get out — and trust me, you’ll be in a hurry to get the wet, cold stuff off.
* When we’re done? We’re heading to Piper’s Pub, 1828 E. Carson St., for beer and Irish boxty (or maybe that’s just me).
* Watch Twitter tomorrow morning for any updates. I’ll use the #yinzteamplunge hashtag for easy searching.
See y’all there.