Remember back in November when I successfully completed my first shot at NaBloPoMo? The at-least-one-post-a-day thing that nearly had me in tears a few times while I tried to come up with something worthwhile to say each day?
It’s back. Kind of.
Actually, NaBloPoMo threw us a curve at the beginning of 2008, suggesting that any month would be good for NaBloPoMo … and that things might be made even more interesting by offering a theme each month.
I hadn’t mentioned this before, because I didn’t want anyone to think that I might try to do something crazy like attempt to do this every month. But the list thing was intriguing, and I thought I’d give it a try this month.
You’ll note that today is March 2. You’ll also note that technically, I blew it already. But I’m going to forge ahead anyway, confident that I’ll come up with enough lists to satisfy the spirit of NaBloPoMo by the time the month is done.
To start, I offer this: The Top Five Reasons Why Uncle Crappy Already Screwed Up NaBloPoMo:
5) My computer was buried in a snowdrift.
4) March Madness struck me a day early.
3) That bottle of Victory’s Baltic Thunder was so good I was unable to concentrate for nearly two full days.
2) Sometimes, Seven Springs is more fun than the internet.
1) The Wife has been sick this weekend, and I’ve spent most of my time trying to be Super Husband while she endures horrible coughing fits.
There’s one thing you can do to help. I’ve started working on a list of potential lists for the month — how’s that for convolution — but I’d be happy to hear suggestions from you about lists you might want to see from me. Leave a comment or send an email — I’ll give almost anything a try.
No. 1 is true, by the way. So is No. 2. And No. 3 is pretty close.