- WordPress says I’ve put up 25 posts — this would be the 26th — so far in June. The calendar says its June 27. I need a couple days of double posts to make sure I’m sort of NaBloPoMo compliant.
- I’m still not certain exactly what entails “NaBloPoMo compliance.” I may let you guys decide that on the last day of the month.
- We have officially begun Grateful Dead week, which culminates with Friday’s Furthur show at the LC Pavilion in Columbus. Bobby, Phil, et al., have been kicking ass so far on their summer tour, which got underway last week. I’m confident that momentum will keep up until Friday night.
- Y’all know I’m a serious fireworks freak, right? The bonus for Friday’s show — pointed out to me by my friend Hilary at our Blossom Phish show a couple weeks ago — is that the big Columbus fireworks display, called Red White and Boom, will light up probably about halfway through the Furthur show. LC Pavilion is just a short distance north from Downtown, so we should have a pretty good view. I cannot wait.
- As I’ve mentioned before, next weekend is also my 25th high school reunion. To commemorate this auspicious occasion — and to honor the suggestion of my high-school friend Beth, who suggested we do this on our Faceboook profiles — I have pulled a scan of my senior picture and posted it here, in all its feathery-haired glory.
- As I’ve also mentioned before, I’m not going to the main event so that I can attend the show with Mrs. Crappy, Juan, HP, Hilary (who was actually two years behind me at UA) and, I hope, Fred (also not in our high school class, as he is about 27 years older than we are…).
- I do, however, have a short week so that I can attend the classmates-only happy hour — which turned into several hours five years ago — on Thursday night. Hilarity will undoubtedly ensue.
- Have I written enough that this counts as an actual post? I really want to complete the NaBloPoMo thing this month.