My yoga workshop weekend, Day One:
- I got better in crow and learned some tweaks with my hands and arms that will help as I move toward other arm balances.
- My core needs to be stronger.
- Practicing with my teachers is inspiring — they are strong and fearless — and reassuring — they struggle with some of this stuff too.
- I have a pretty good idea of where to not to go for a quick lunch on Carson Street. A slow lunch might be OK, though; I’ll let you know as soon as my food shows up.
- I realized in this afternoon’s discussion of the yoga sutras — kind of the philosophy behind a complete yoga practice, rather than just the physical postures — exactly how much the mental side of the practice has helped me, especially in the last few weeks.
- I’m still scared and excited and scared about tomorrow’s shoulderstand session.
- I love my studio and my yoga family is awesome.
- And so is Chrissy Carter.
See you back there tomorrow, yinz guys.