We’re not quite ready to officially award points in the Sixth Annual Uncle Crappy NCAA Final Four Challenge (Brought to you by Bocktown), but I have a few tidbits to tide yinz guys over until we have the actual Final Four set Sunday evening.
- Of the 38 SAUCNFFC participants, just 14 of us still have our eventual champion still playing. Ouch.
- We’ll go through everyone’s point totals on Sunday, but I would point out that 12 of us correctly picked UConn to make it to the Final Four and just one of us thought Butler would return this year. You each get two points for that pick.
- If Kansas doesn’t make the Final Four on Sunday, a whole bunch of you are screwed.
- The number of people who could possibly win this is larger than I might have thought; because of the scorched-earth upsets, it’s not inconceivable that someone could win this with just a couple of correct picks.
- That means some of the people whom I might have written off previously could not only be in line for a few points but could also be contenders.
- It also means that the tie-breakers — your best guess as to the final score of the championship game — will likely be very important when I’m trying to figure out who won this thing. I STILL NEED TIE-BREAKERS FROM THESE PEOPLE: AAA, KimLy, Fred and my mom. I’m not going to be a huge stickler here guys, but before the Final Four games next weekend, OK?
- It is customary that I pick on the participants who might not have performed well as we get into the meat of AUCNFFC, and I started to do so last week. As pointed out previously, just about all of those folks could actually eke out a couple points in this thing. You know who will get exactly zero points in SAUCNFFC, because every one of his teams has already been eliminated? Yes. That would be me.
- Thank you all for playing. If you need me, I’ll be twitching over in the corner over there, patiently waiting for the start of baseball season.