I generally have no problem with doing stupid things. Stupid and potentially dangerous is something else.
After a brief reminder of what single-digit temperatures feel like this morning — the kick-ass little weather monitor thing The Wife just bought for me says it’s 6 in my backyard — I’m wondering about the wisdom of going skiing tomorrow.
And I hope you can help me make a decision.
Some stuff to know:
- I love skiing, and not starting until this late in the season makes Uncle Crappy a grumpy boy.
- Temperature aside, the skiing will be fabulous. Seven Springs got 8 inches of fresh snow in the last 24 hours, and added more on top of that in snowmaking areas. They could get as much as 3 additional inches by the time they open tomorrow morning.
- You can’t really put aside the temperatures. Thursday night’s low out there is 6 below. The forecast high is 1. There’s an excellent chance it wouldn’t warm to above zero until the afternoon, when I would be getting ready to leave.
- I have plenty of gear to keep me warm, but I hate wearing those things that cover my face. Snot-catchers. Yuck.
- There’s plenty of stuff for me to take care of in the house if I stay home.
- Seven Springs won’t be crowded.
- I could wait a week. But there’s a chance of rain next Friday.
So. What do you think I should do? If you feel the need to elaborate on your vote, please leave a comment as well.