As I mentioned in my Facebook post a while back, I can be a sucker for memes, especially if one comes up when I’m stuck for a blog topic. My buddy Bobby Cherry tagged me for this one, and I’m happy to respond.
Keep in mind my rules. I’m not tagging anyone specifically, but if you’re looking for something to do and want to give it a try, consider yourself tagged.
THREE NAMES I GO BY
- My first name usually works pretty well.
- Uncle Crappy. I’ve been surprised by the number of people who have approached me recently and asked: “Are you Uncle Crappy?”
- Pounder. College nickname. A play on my last name and a long-ago brief-but-intense attraction to 16-ounce cans of Old Milwaukee. If Mrs. Crappy really wants my attention, this is the one she uses.
THREE JOBS I HAVE HAD IN MY LIFE
- Newspaper reporter. I hope to keep this one for a while, but I dunno…
- Cook, Bagel Buggy in Athens. For just one day a week, for one quarter late in my college career. Could be the most fun I’ve ever had working.
- Armor crewman, U.S. Army. Those M-1 tanks you see on the news? I can drive ’em, load ’em and shoot ’em.
THREE PLACES I HAVE LIVED
- Pittsburgh, Pa. I’ve always grumbled about being here, especially during football season. So the natural thing was to buy a house here and stay, right?
- Athens, Ohio. As close to a spiritual home as I’m ever going to get. Doesn’t matter how long I’ve been away; when I return, I am instantly comfortable.
- Columbus, Ohio. The place o’ my birth.
THREE TV SHOWS THAT I WATCH
- The Weather Channel. I’m still not sure if this counts as a “show,” but this is on my TV more than anything.
- Food TV. I love eating. I love cooking. Too many shows to list.
- “College Football Gameday,” ESPN. C’mon. You know me, right? If you do, you wont find this surprising…
THREE PLACES I HAVE BEEN
- Kauai. Twice, on a family vacation and on our honeymoon. As close to perfect as I may ever find.
- Minocqua, Wisc. I spent many summers here with the family of Dr. History. Best time of my life.
- Ohio Stadium. In section 14C, specifically.
THREE OF MY FAVORITE FOODS
- White Castle.
- Donatos pizza.
- My father’s spaghetti. I make it too, but it’s awfully nice to have it made for you.
THREE THINGS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO
- The next Michigan game.
THREE FAVORITE BANDS/ARTISTS
These change frequently, depending on who I’m listening to and/or what shows are coming up.
- Grateful Dead.
THREE FAVORITE TEAMS TO WATCH
- Ohio State football.
- Cleveland Indians baseball.
- Pittsburgh Angels rugby. OK, sure, I’ve been to only one game. We had a great time, though…
(Cleveland Browns? Nope. They’re kind of on probation with me at the moment.)
THREE FAVORITE DRINKS
- East End’s Homewood Imperial Stout.
- A bourbon Manhattan.